There 's no question that the warm Colorado weather is awesome. You and your dog are excited to go out and enjoy the warm weather with a walk in the park or a hike up the mountain. Your dog stops to smell a daffodil blossom, then he suddenly chomps the whole blossom. It's just a daffodil. No harm done, right? You may be surprised at the answer.
Dogs are drawn to strong scents and as such, sweet-smelling spring flowers are often irresistible to them. Cats are also instinctively drawn to green plants for digestive aid, and are naturally curious about new additions to their environment. Toxic plant ingestion for both species can include symptoms that range from vomiting and diarrhea to more severe systemic problems that can lead to death. Even if your pet does not have a history of eating inappropriate objects, you should take care in choosing plants for your home or garden.
Below, we've compiled a short list of some of the most common toxic plants. If your pet ingests any part of these plants, call the poison control center nearest you or the 800 number listed below. This list is not inclusive of all plants toxic to cats and dogs.
Children and pets are too precious to risk. It's vital to know which plants to avoid because some could be potentially fatal. If you suspect a child or an animal has accidentally consumed any poisonous substance, call Poison Control immediately at: 1-800-222-1222.
When it could be a matter of life or death, we all want to be certain we’ve called upon a knowledgeable and trustworthy professional. Shouldn’t that be the case for every situation? Why trust any need to someone who is less than the best? I can confidently say that I’m at the top of my profession. If you’re in need of my services, or know someone who is, give me a call. I guarantee you won’t regret it.